The http://cheltenhamfestival2019.com website and all pages within it (collectively the “Website”), is owned and operated by Cheltenham Festival 2019 (“us”, “our”, “we”). We are committed to protecting the privacy of users of this Website.
By continuing to utilise our website, you accept our collection, storage, and use of your personal data as described below.
1. Information we collect
When you use this Website, we may collect details that you’ve provided to us when you register to use our website, search for a service, subscribe to any service, enquire regarding our services or complete an enquiry form, and when you report a problem with our website. Such details include your name, address, e-mail address, and contact number, as well as personal description and photographs.
We may also collect other data which does not identify you individually but may identify details about you and your device, such as your computer’s IP address.
We may also receive details about you from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
2. How we use your information
We may use your personal and contact details for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services, content, personalised and tailored recommendations and general account management in accordance with any contracts you’ve entered into with us and the management of traffic across the Relevant Service;
- To answer any general or customer service related queries you may have;
- To facilitate general communications with you;
- To process any associated administration for general statistical and marketing purposes;
- To monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us continually improve our services;
- To notify you about any changes to our services;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner;
- To provide you with information about services or goods that we think might interest you;
3. When and how we share your information
We may disclose your personal data to other members in our group to provide and administer our services, as well as to operate our business.
We may also share information about you with the appropriate authorities and bodies, where we are required to do so by law, governmental authority or court order.
We may also use your personal details to facilitate the sale of certain parts of our business or in relation to any business transactions, including a merger or restructuring of one or more parts of our business.
We may also share your data with selected third parties including (i) business partners, suppliers, distributors, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you, (ii) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the optimisation and improvement of our website.
4. Lawful basis for processing information
In accordance with data protection laws, we will only process your data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. These bases are: (i) where it is necessary to provide services to you; (ii) where we are required to do so in accordance with regulatory or legal obligations; (iii) where you have given your consent; (iv) where it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal information, provided that none of these prejudice your own interests, freedoms, and rights.
We may also contact you in relation to any similar services we have previously supplied. Otherwise, we would rely on content as a lawful basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to users via text message or email. Kindly note that users have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process information after consent is withdrawn.
5. International transfers of information
We are based in the UK, but sometimes we may transfer your personal data outside internationally. If we do so in the future, we will ensure to take the appropriate actions to safeguard your personal information. We can also provide more details regarding this upon request.
6. Data retention
We retain the information we collect for the period necessary for us, plus an extra period in case of problems. The length of time that we keep your information varies according to the type of collected information, and the reason we acquired it. Where it is no longer necessary for us to process your details, we will delete it.
7. Your data rights
Below is an overview of your right in relation to your personal information:
- A right to withdraw your consent
- A right to access your personal information held by us
- A right to have inaccurate information corrected or rectified
- A right to have your details erased where it is necessary for us to us process it, and if there’s no lawful or governmental basis that will allow us to keep it
- A right to object to any direct marketing materials such as promotional emails
- A right to make a complaint about our management of your information to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). However, prior to doing that, kindly contact us first to give us a chance to put things right, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Contact us